Four CEE cities among top EMEA investment destinations
London has been ranked as the most attractive European city for real estate investment for the sixth consecutive year, according to CBRE’s annual Investor Intentions Survey being launched at MIPIM 2017. At 6th place Warsaw is the most attractive CEE city among investors. Prague placed 8th, with Budapest (10th) and Bucharest (14th) also making in the top 15.
Investors also continue to show a greater desire to acquire property than dispose of it. According to the survey, 85% of investors intended to spend at least as much in 2017 as in 2016 and 41% expected to spend more. Offices are perceived to be the most attractive sector in 2017, although its lead over other sectors is contracting. Investors now perceive industrial and logistics as the second most attractive sector, motivated by structural changes such as the broad-based integration of e-commerce in the supply chain and the development of logistics as an institutional investment product.
Jos Tromp, Head of EMEA research at CBRE comments: “The spread between property yields and bond yields remains close to historic highs and is consequently one of the primary motivators in attracting investors to the sector. However, in an environment of continued economic and political uncertainty, the defensive characteristics, capital value growth and attractive income profile of real estate remain important drivers of continued investor interest in the sector.”
- 2017-06-23 11:32 | Skanska sells Prague office building for €50 million
- 2017-06-23 11:24 | Colliers to manage Bucharest office project with private hospital
- 2017-06-22 09:39 | Echo’s new Warsaw office project gets its first green light
- 2017-06-22 09:29 | What’s next for Budapest’s retail market?
- 2017-06-22 08:48 | Goodman expands Pomeranian Logistics Centre
- 2017-06-22 08:39 | TriGranit expands Krakow office complex
- 2017-06-22 08:20 | Colliers sells industrial building in Hungary
- 2017-06-20 15:58 | EPP completes acquisition of three Polish malls
- 2017-06-20 12:26 | Construction stars on Timisoara mixed-use project
- 2017-06-20 12:07 | Warsaw’s Kopernik Office Buildings get certified