Four CEE cities among top EMEA investment destinations
London has been ranked as the most attractive European city for real estate investment for the sixth consecutive year, according to CBRE’s annual Investor Intentions Survey being launched at MIPIM 2017. At 6th place Warsaw is the most attractive CEE city among investors. Prague placed 8th, with Budapest (10th) and Bucharest (14th) also making in the top 15.
Investors also continue to show a greater desire to acquire property than dispose of it. According to the survey, 85% of investors intended to spend at least as much in 2017 as in 2016 and 41% expected to spend more. Offices are perceived to be the most attractive sector in 2017, although its lead over other sectors is contracting. Investors now perceive industrial and logistics as the second most attractive sector, motivated by structural changes such as the broad-based integration of e-commerce in the supply chain and the development of logistics as an institutional investment product.
Jos Tromp, Head of EMEA research at CBRE comments: “The spread between property yields and bond yields remains close to historic highs and is consequently one of the primary motivators in attracting investors to the sector. However, in an environment of continued economic and political uncertainty, the defensive characteristics, capital value growth and attractive income profile of real estate remain important drivers of continued investor interest in the sector.”
- 2017-03-22 15:39 | 2017 can be the best year yet for the Romanian market
- 2017-03-22 10:30 | Skanska sells Poznan office building for €62 million
- 2017-03-21 15:41 | S Immo launches new project in Bratislava
- 2017-03-21 09:42 | Wing sells Budapest city logistics scheme for €29 million
- 2017-03-20 16:03 | Four CEE cities among top EMEA investment destinations
- 2017-03-20 15:34 | Redstone Real Estate buys Prague office building
- 2017-03-15 22:01 | Budapest showcases its strengths at MIPIM
- 2017-03-15 12:53 | Echo Investment sells Wrocław office building
- 2017-03-15 12:46 | Łódź office market attracts new tenants
- 2017-03-15 12:39 | BNP Paribas Real Estate publishes 2016 results